~ Gluten Free ~ Dairy Free ~ Refined Sugar Free ~Vegan ~
Tis the season for all things pumpkin! I happened to LOVE pumpkin...it has a yummy flavor, keeps baked goods moist, it goes hand in hand with my favorite season, and it has many health benefits.
Did you know...
- Pumpkin contains vitamin A, which helps keeps your vision sharp
- Since pumpkin is low in calories and a good source of fiber it's a great food to incorporate into your diet if you're looking to shed some pounds
- According to the National Cancer Institute, pumpkins contain cancer fighting properties
- They also can help boost your immune system
- Due to their free-radical-neutralizing powers pumpkins can help keep your skin looking young and wrinkle free
- Pumpkins also contain potassium, which helps restore the body's balance of electrolytes after a workout
I've been making these delicious pumpkin treats for a few years now. Every year I tweak the recipe in an effort to make it even healthier but equally delicious!
- 1/4 cup of Organic Unrefined Coconut Oil
- 1/4 cup of Organic Applesauce
- 1 cup of Pumpkin Puree
- a splash of Almond Milk (if batter feels too dry when combining all ingredients)
- 1/2 cup of Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- 1.5 teaspoons of Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of Ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon of Nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1.5 cups of chopped Dates and Almonds
(you could also use Rasins, or Dried Cranberries, and any Nut(s) of your choice)
- 2 cups of Gluten Free Fava Flour (or your choice of gluten free or regular all purpose flour)
Combine all ingredients together in a large bowl. I used a 2 teaspoon cookie scooper to create balls. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10-12 minutes. Makes about 53 treats! Mmm!